Thursday, May 21, 2009

Bought a house

The papers are signed and we handed over our down payment check. It's crazy to think that we just bought a house! I think that this was a great decision and I am very excited. If everything goes well, we will get the keys on Friday and then start tearing out the kitchen this weekend.
The signing seemed a bit rushed but we got through it okay. The title company (Service Link) is a huge pain in the butt to work with....seems like everything is wait, wait, wait and then RUSH! I am looking forward to getting the keys and being done with them.

Our weekend plans are to remove the tile floor in the kitchen, the cabinets, stove, and sink. We are also going to transfer our garden boxes and plant the garden. We got a great pink bush from our friends that we are going to plant in the front yard this weekend as well.

If your bored this weekend or just feel like helping, come on over :)

1 comment:

HWPetty said...

I think all Title companies are a pain to work with. Mine acted like I was trying to cheat them out of something every time I asked a question. Being the brat that I am, it just made me ask more questions, but that's beside the point. ahahaha

Congratulations!!

And fantastic that you have the holiday weekend to get a good solid start.