We had the inspections last week and things are a go! We have our work cut out for us but I don't think it will be anything more then we can handle. Is seems that we are still on track to close on the 20th of this month.
Here is the jist of what the inspector told us:
- He's glad we didn't buy the other house
- Needs about a day worth of an electrical work (not bad)
- Roof needs to be patch in a few spots
- Some dirt to wood contact
- Kitchen and floors need some love
- Need to reinforce the basement window well
Before we move in, we are going to do the following:
- Redo the kitchen - tile, cabnets, stove, breakfast bar, halfwall/arches, fridge
- Have the hardwood floors refinished
- Move/plant the garden
It seems that everyone we know really wants to plan our kitchen so we are going to measure everything out and allow people to "submit plans to the committee" as Morgan says. BIL (Brother in Law) has suggest that we allow people to "bid" on the kitchen...any takers?!
I promise to take pictures when we get to see the house again.
Don't forget to ride to work on Friday!