Sunday, May 31, 2009

Kitchen Remodel

Now that we finally have our keys, we have been able to start on the inside of the house. Our two main pre-move in goals are to remodel the kitchen and finish the hardwood floors in the whole house.

We had talked about putting a hole in the kitchen wall in order to open it up to the living room...problem was that I had never done this before. I was pretty sure I knew what needed to be done, but just needed some assurance. Thankfully FIL (for father in law) was free and willing to help us out. (I'm glad I didn't do it all myself because I have been learning so much. Next time I think I could do it!)

Before:

During:




We made the spice rack smaller to make room for the counter tops

After:
The header is in place, the wall is ready to be finished off and the old floor has been removed and is now almost ready for the new hardwood floors. Next I think we will finish and paint the walls and then be ready for the new floor. The hole that we built will soon be our new breakfast bar!


While the boys were working in the garage, the girls were working hard in the garage sanding and priming the cabinets. The white of the cabinets will be a nice contrast to the dark hardwood floors Morgan picked out for the kitchen.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Woo hoo! You guys are doing Awesome! I can't wait to see the finished project =)