Epic Failure. Okay, it wasn't THAT bad but the 40ish potatoes was no where close to the 60lbs I was expecting. We did however learn lots from our first year as potato farmers...
- Less water...1-2inches a week is all. I think we gave them about 1-2 inches a day!
- Plant the seed potatoes a little further apart
- Buy better seed potatoes...I think some of ours where duds
- Start sooner in the season
- Plant several types to have potatoes all season long
- Find a better way to harvest...my back is STILL sore!
- Don't let the tomatoes bury/break the potato vines
No worries. We had fun and will try again next year.