Tuesday, January 26, 2010

TakeOut WithOut Challenge




I don't know about you but I HATE getting that little styrofoam container as a doggy bag when we go out to eat.  That's why I am really excited about the TakeOutWithOut movement going on right now.  You can check it out via the above link or find more information at the Green Phone Booth (this is where I first learned about it)

Here's the deal in a nutshell:

   When you eat out and you need a doggy bag, grab your own container instead of asking for a styrofoam box or a bag.  This is as simple as bringing your own Tupperware containers or a wrap-n-mat type deal.

I have thought about bringing my own containers for a while now but I never do.  I think what will work best for me is to order less food (portions out are so big anyways) or split a meal with Firefly so that there are no leftovers.

What do you think?  Is this something you might want to try?  What would be the best way for you to say no to doggy bags?

No comments: