The previous owner (owner before the current investor) did a lot of upgrades to the house but it seems he did them on the down-low.
- All the power outlets have been upgrade from two prong to three prong but for some reason, they decided not to ground the third prong :( Also, there are about a dozen exposed high voltage wires throughout the house, including several under the house in the crawl space.
- The hot water heater has been removed and a new tankless heater installed in the garage - again no permit.
- There are two types of heat in the house, forced air and steam. The steam is not currently working and the inspector has no idea why both were installed or why the city would approve it.
- And the kicker is that the Mother-in-law's quarters in the back yard might have to have all the power removed from it or worse, be torn down (at our expense). This is the one thing that really sold us on the whole deal. We are trying to get the seller to let the city come take a look at it and tell us for sure if it can stay or not. If he won't allow us to call the city or the city says it will have to be torn down, then the deal is off.
- And I forgot, once again, to take pictures of the inside. Maybe it's better this way - don't want anyone getting to attached to it.
WHEW! Okay now for the good news.
- We are in love and healthy!