Sunday, March 22, 2009

Tumbleweed Tiny House Company


I want to live in a Tiny house!

A tiny house on a big lot with a large garden and lots of fruit trees! The house above is 89sqft and the WeeBee (I really like this one) is 102sqft. Either of this houses could be built for less then 35k and you can take them anywhere you would take an RV.

I got this idea stuck in my head from a book I am reading: The Urban Homestead (click the link to check out their website) In the book, the authors dream about living in one of these houses surrounded by friends also living in one. How cool would it be to own a piece of land with friends and live off the grid?

As I write this, I just remembered that my in-laws have 5acres of land on an island in Alaska..hrm I bet you can guess what I am thinking. Because the house can be built on a trailer frame, it is considered a mobile home or RV and therefore does not need a building permit. I think if we do get the house I mentioned below, I am going to have to build one of these in the back yard. While we are here in town it would be an office/guest house and we could take it with us when we went camping...KOA here we come!



No comments: