Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Associate Synesthetes

I feel colors. I taste things in color. I see color in people and in things. I sense color.

I know this might not make any sense but I process all of my senses through color. Of course if I cut myself, I feel the pain of it but I also "see" color..usually red. When I look at people I see them but I can also "see" their color. Objects and Ideas also have color to me.

I used to think I was just weird but I have been reading about Synesthetes lately and it seem that there are other people that feel in color as well. Now I'm not saying that I am a synesthetes because I have not seen anyone about it but the more I read, the more okay and less confused I feel...it's kind of a light green Eastery color.

according to this article there are two types: Projector and Associate Synesthetes. I wrote a jornal entry today at lunch before I read this article, "I cannot actually see this but it is a feeling that I see"

The problem is that I always "See" the colors but I cannot always make the words come out to say what they are....I feel the same way when I wake from a dream. In can play the majority of the dream back in my mind but try as I may, I usually cannot make the words come out to tale what I am seeing. Is it like not being able to describe a play as you are watching it. I can actually feel the words get stuck in my stomach which actually makes me a little sad.

I'm not sure if it is connected but sometime when I am talking on the phone with someone, I swear I can see them and the room they are in....again all in terms of color.

Does this make sense to anyone else or even better, do you feel this too?

2 comments:

HWPetty said...

I don't see or feel things like you do, but it still fascinates me.

I wonder if this isn't what is meant when people think they can see "auras"??

I've been reading some on that lately for a new book project I'm half-researching right now. I'm definitely adding this to my research list.

Tony R. said...

I think so. I believe that I can see peoples auras. Kind of like everyone is encased in a slightly larger version of themselves....like seeing halos on lights