Sunday, September 13, 2009

Radio Lab


I want to tell you about my new favorite radio show... RadioLab!  I love listening to the radio and thankfully I am able to listen all day long while I'm at work. I think what I enjoy most is that I get to use my imagination to form the picture I see in my mind...unlike watching tv which does nothing to stimulate my brain.

So, what is RadioLab all about... honestly, I'm not really sure!  But I really like it.  Here is the blurb on the website:
Radiolab believes your ears are a portal to another world. Where sound illuminates ideas, and the boundaries blur between science, philosophy, and human experience. Big questions are investigated, tinkered with, and encouraged to grow. Bring your curiosity, and we'll feed it with possibility.
So there ya go.  It is a lot like, This American Life which is also a great radio show.  I think the thing I like the most is that the show points out that things are never quite the way we think they are.  It makes me question the way I see nouns (people, places, things, and ideas)  check it out and let me know what you think.

Check it out on Itunes or online at http://www.wnyc.org/shows/radiolab/

No comments: