Saturday, February 13, 2010

Trader Joe's wine #9 Novella


2007 Novella Synergy from EOS Winery, Paso Robles CA

The first thing I noticed about this wine was the spicy smell.  I was actually surprised how strong the first taste was.  This wine is dry, strong, and fruity.  

I think I would give this a 2.5/5 if I were to rate it...however, I keep going back for more.  
 
This wine is another blend: 37% Petite Sirah, 25% Zinfandel, 20% Merlot, 18% Sangiovese

We had this wine with Firefly's spice vegetarian tacos (recipe coming soon!) and I think the spice from the wine went well with the spice from the tacos.

I think I would save this for a spicy dinner for a multi-bottle night.

Down and dirty info:
Price: $5.99
Average rating (Corkd.com): 84.6/100
Drinkability: 2.5/5
Next Day:
Length: Med-long
Dry?: Medium+

No comments: